Eddy Cooper, a well qualified fitness instructor, is running circuits classes on behalf of the Hall. These sessions are free to gym members, £5 to non-members. Visitors to the area are welcome.
These sessions offer an opportunity to train with other like-minded people and take part in a wide selection of exercises designed to improve your overall body fitness. You do not need to be very or young as you can indulge in the exercises at a level that works for you. For more information on content and your suitability, please contact Eddy Cooper on 07740-089058. For information on gym membership and other administrative issues, please contact Barry Seward-Thompson on 01792-386626, 07836-639806, or Barry@Llangennith-Hall.co.uk
Moving out of COVID Lookdown.
Circuits classes will resume from Friday 31st July. Classes will be Friday 10-11am and Wednesday 6-7pm. Until further notice, these sessions will take place in the Hall field, weather permitting.
Class attendees will be asked to complete a health questionnaire and send it to Eddy before their first class. Using an infra-red thermometer, Eddy will take every class attendee’s temperature on arrival and ask them certain health questions before each class. Any potential attendee with a high temperature or answering yes to any of the health questions will be asked to go home and not attend the class.
The sessions are free to gym members, £5 a session to non-members. Any lapsed gym member wishing to rejoin, should inform Eddy at a session, pay £5 for that session, and restart their standing order to the Hall for £20 a month on the following day to get future sessions free.
As part of our reopening risk assessment, we have introduced some rules for outdoor exercise classes to keep you and others safe.
1. Do not use Llangennith Hall and field if you or someone you live with has Covid symptoms
high temperature; new continuous cough; change to/loss of sense of smell or taste
you or someone you live with has had a positive Covid test in the last 14 days
you or someone you live with has travelled from a quarantine area and are still in the 14 days self isolation
2. Use the hand sanitiser at the hall entrance when you arrive and leave. Regular hand washing/sanitising for 20 seconds is important, particularly at the beginning and end of play.
3. Keep 2M social distancing between individuals who are not in your household/extended household at all times.
4. Complete a health questionnaire before attending your first class and send to your instructor. Please arrive 10 minutes before class starts as the Instructor will also take your temperature with no contact infrared forehead thermometer on arrival and ask you the Covid symptoms questions listed in point 1. If you have a high temperature or answer yes to any of the questions you will be asked to not attend the class, go home and self isolate. If someone who has attended a class later shows Covid symptoms and has a positive test result they must contact the instructor. Contact details of all who attended that class will be shared with NHS track & trace contact tracers.
5. Sharing of exercise stations/equipment will be minimised. Where you have to move between exercise stations and equipment during a class, please wipe down your station and equipment before and after you use it, using the cleaning spray and disposable towel and placing in rubbish bag provided.
6. For safety avoid touching your face during the class. Cough or sneeze into a tissue or arm when a tissue is not available.
7. Exercise class attendees should not put their mouths on equipment or their hands in their mouths during the exercise class
8. You must bring your own water bottle, towel, yoga mat to class and not share these with others.
9. The public toilet is open at the back of the hall. The bin in the toilet is for paper hand towels only. Please take any other rubbish home with you
10. Use of Llangennith Hall Field and attendance at outdoor exercise classes is at your own risk.
N.B. The hall field closes at 8:45pm. Please respect our neighbours whilst using the hall field. We are glad to welcome you back and hope you enjoy using our facilities safely as outlined above.
Llangennith Hall Management Committee - 27.7.20
Telephone: 01792 386 685 Email: info(at)llangennith-hall.co.uk Please replace the (at) with an @ symbol, this is an antispam method.
Llangennith Hall, Llangennith, Swansea, West Glamorgan, SA3 1HU